Friday, October 05, 2007

VH-1 Hip-Hop Honors



Last night, I went to the filming of the 2007 VH-1 Hip-Hop Honors. This is the first time I've been to the event in-person, although I've watched every year on Tivo.
This year's show was incredible to say the least. I missed about half of it due to the security being horrible dickheads and an earlier engagement, but what I saw was great. I walked in when Whodini was doing their medley of "Freaks Come Out at Night", "5 Minutes of Funk", "One Love" and "Friends". Highlights other than that were the A Tribe Called Quest tribute with Common, Lupe, Pharrel and Busta. I mean BUSTA!!! Wow did he tear it down... I wont ruin the surprise but it was a return to form, so to speak. Snoop's set was fantastic as well.
Overall, this event was well run, had free booze and food, and was a really good time (except for the aforementioned security). Oh, and I forgot to mention I met Kool Moe Dee and Kool Keith (pictured above). What a kool night.

1 comment:

Dan Greenpeace said...

oh paul, you're such an old school nerd at heart
it's good to see a fellow 1971 hip-hop graduate still excited to have his photo taken with kool keith