Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Lions on Bird Day

Let's face it. Men watch football on Thanksgiving Day. We snack on whatever our mothers, wives, girlfriends, in-laws, sisters or brothers have placed around the house to deter us from early turkey gorfing, and we drink egg nog and beer. We nurse hangovers from "the biggest bar night of the year" (more on that in a different post sometime)... And we watch football.
For those who don't know me at all and/or haven't read this blog, I am a huge football fan. Further to that, I am a Detroit Lions fan. Ever since ever.



The above is a picture of the late, legendary Marvin Rosenberg a year and a half before we lost him. I took him to see a Lions game at Ford Field on 2003 T-Day in his first, last and only game there. Although Grandpa was a Lions fan as well, he wasn't happy about it. In most of his years (and mine), the Lions had losing records. In fact, in the last 10 years, they are 4-6 on Turkey day alone. In 2003 though, Grandpa Rosenberg got to see his team win, in person- against The Packers.
I know that a lot of you will be watching the Lions take on the 9-1 Packers with an all-of-a-sudden more awesome than ever Brett Favre. I also know that most of you think that the Pack will prevail. I hope you naysayers are wrong, I really do. It would be nice for The Roar to take one on Thanksgiving in front of a live national audience. Marvin Rosenberg would be proud to see the Lions beat The Packers again, too.

No comments: